Can someone please clarify what's up with reissues/remasters

Can someone please clarify what's up with reissues/remasters

Postby tarastew on Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:17 pm

I was in Amoeba Records in San Francisco Friday, probably the flagship record store for the Western United States, and saw newly minted 180-gram LP copies of Grand Prix, supposedly authorized and licensed by Sony UK, but manufactured and distributed right here in the Bay Area (Plain Recordings in San Rafael). I was tempted to buy, because it'd be awesome to have a remastered LP copy of Grand Prix on quality vinyl, but I refrained on the cost ($34) and the notion something better might be coming along soon.

Plain Recordings doesn't have a website. They've been around for awhile, but I've read their vinyl recordings are sourced from CDs. If that's the case, I can't believe Sony authorized or licensed it and allowed it, particularly if they have their own edition coming.

We were all teased in the past month by Norman, who at least hinted reissues/remasters of Bandwagonesque/Thirteen/Grand Prix/SFNB/Howdy might be coming at some point this year (or perhaps during the five-year time cycle).
Perfectly willing to wait, but it'd be nice to know what's going on, eh? Anybody have any inside info? Anybody have any info, period? Anybody heard this vinyl reissue?
tarastew
chipolata
chipolata

Return to Message Board