Happy Fanclub Creation Re-Issues Day

Happy Fanclub Creation Re-Issues Day

Postby El Macca on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Apologies to Merkin for stealing his place at the top of the board... !

Hope everyone who ordered these on vinyl gets them on time and can have a lovely weekend blasting tunes from Bandeagonesque to Howdy.

Enjoy yersel folks x
... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: Happy Fanclub Creation Re-Issues Day

Postby Nicene Creeder on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:26 am

The 90's were fine.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby El Macca on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 am

*spelling in my post above should be Bandwagonesque of course *
... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Eddie Walsh on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Some poor feedback regarding pressing issues and jumping on Facebook page. Not got mine yet but a bit worried.
"with your eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline"
Eddie Walsh
chorizo
chorizo

Postby DELBOY on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 pm

they're all marked, scratched and jumpin'!
IF YOU THINK YOU'RE COOL AND YOU AIN'T NO FOOL DO THE CHICKEN CHICKEN DANCE WITH THE CLYDESMEN!

DELBOY
andouillette
andouillette

Postby neiljungfan on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 pm

They told me yesterday....

Dear Mariano Ibanez-Gallardo,

All of the items from order TFUK1096 have now been shipped

...so maybe next week will be my "I'm just listening to TFC week"
Live music is better
neiljungfan
chipolata
chipolata

Postby marc w on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 pm

The reissues are a mixed bag. They sound great. Some of the records should never have left the pressing plant. Hardly the bands fault.
"Oh, don't do that! Don't throw them out for goodness' sake! You'll poison the dog!"
marc w
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:07 pm

My second batch of reissues arrived yesterday. They're all fucked just like the first batch. The same size and shape marks on them, it looks like something with teeth has been pressed into the records, causing dents, noise and jumping. Thirteen is the worst again, Bandwagonesque is worse than in the first batch. This must be a mechanical fault at the pressing/packaging plant or whatever. To have this much anticipated product ruined by faulty equipment at the last hurdle, after the cost and time spent on the remastering, is criminal.

I don't want them just to look at them, I want records that will play without jumping, shouldn't be such a hard ask. I just hope this travesty isn't costing the band anything.
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby pippie on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Sorry to hear that, I kind of expected they could come scratched when I read that, but mine are ok and sounding loud since last week
I think I'm on another world with you
I'm on another planet with you
pippie
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Ruthiepoos on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:03 am

Well there was me saying how quickly they were replying to me each time and they haven't replied to my last email 10 days ago. Haha. So still not sorted. The whole thing is getting me down to be honest and my dad bought me these back in April for my birthday to try and cheer me up! So I haven't been able to tell him yet as I just don't want to tell my dad it's been such a pain in the arse after him thinking he's done something nice for me.

I cannot deal with it this week so I'll leave it another week then chase again.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Ruthiepoos on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:05 am

pippie wrote:Sorry to hear that, I kind of expected they could come scratched when I read that, but mine are ok and sounding loud since last week

Glad to hear yours are ok Pippie. It does seem to be very hit and miss.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:56 pm

I received more records in the post yesterday. I haven't listened to them yet. 2 look ok, 3 have the same marks on them. I can't tell you how depressing it is to listen to your favourite records and try to actively listen for faults, again and again. Just cause some machinery/process/person damages them before they even get packaged up and sent to you.

Sandbag believe that the clamp marks are caused by the 7 inches being sent in the same record sleeve, so this is utter utter bollocks. What was the point in asking for the descriptions and photos, which took me ages to sort out each time, if they are just gonna blame the 7 inches causing scratches. In the shape of a clamp mark making an impression on the vinyl. Bollocks.

My dad bought these for me in April for my birthday to cheer me up as I was so depressed as it was my first birthday without Mum. I haven't had the heart to tell him what a fuck up it's all been.

And if this is Optimal, they are known for ruining runs of records and for having weird clamp mark shapes impressed into the vinyl before it gets packaged and sent anywhere. So how is this ever going to be fixed if Sandbag just blame the 7inches?

This has taken hours and hours of my life and I'm so fucking fucked off with it.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Ruthiepoos on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:38 am

Sandbag finally replied after 3 months and have told me there are no more records to send me and refuse to acknowledge there's a problem with the factory. And they've lied to a third party investigating on my behalf saying that they've resolved my issue. They've offered me a refund. But I want undamaged records. All my records arrived showing visible damage except the newly pressed Thirteen. That's the only one they'll admit had a production flaw, so it was re-pressed and my replacement copy is fine.

They've also said I am now the only one with an issue, which is obviously a lie from all the messages on the Fanclub Fanclub FB page from people saying they have issues and their vinyl is damaged.

The worst customer service ever. I honestly don't know what to do. I really want my favourite band's records, but £100 is a lot to spend on vinyl that is so damaged.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Return to Message Board