Eh, check the news page.

Re: Eh, check the news page.

Postby clubFan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Does the technology exist for Gerard to be projected as a hologram at overseas gigs? A wide-spectrum emitter can even allow him to hide behind the stacks during Raymond and Norman's tunes as is his wont.

Will the band be re-named "The Middle-Aged Hair Stylists"?

If no-go for the hologram, might I suggest Sting as a replacement? He's a seasoned globetrotter, plays decent enough bass, and goes way back with Raymond from when they co-curated Tantric Workshops at those upscale couples retreats in Tahiti back in the Oughts.

Best of health and luck to you Gerard. I hope that you haven't ruled out a few future guest appearances a la Paul Quinn and Brendan. We'll always have the recordings in any case.

Onward.

cF
It's all about the banter.
clubFan
currywurst
currywurst

Postby neiljungfan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Bittersweet days!

On Monday...you know what happened on Monday
But today I get this:

After two sad days I felt so high with my signed LPs that I've written for the first time in the facebook group Teenage Fanclub Fanclub after a long time being just a stalker.
That said, I want to make it clear that this wee corner is still my favorite place.

Saludos amigos,
Mariano
Live music is better
neiljungfan
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Nicene Creeder on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:02 am

Exactly. Fuck facebook.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Nicene Creeder on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:20 am

The technology exists, the problem is the bandwidth and speed on both ends. And that's the problem. You can hope to control the speed on Gerry's side, but each venue is the problem. He would have to hear the band without delay and they would have to see him. Very tough.

clubFan wrote:Does the technology exist for Gerard to be projected as a hologram at overseas gigs? A wide-spectrum emitter can even allow him to hide behind the stacks during Raymond and Norman's tunes as is his wont.

If no-go for the hologram, might I suggest Sting as a replacement? He's a seasoned globetrotter, plays decent enough bass, and goes way back with Raymond from when they co-curated Tantric Workshops at those upscale couples retreats in Tahiti back in the Oughts.

Best of health and luck to you Gerard. I hope that you haven't ruled out a few future guest appearances a la Paul Quinn and Brendan. We'll always have the recordings in any case.

Onward.

cF
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby dougbrown93 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi strangers!
Hope you're all well.

As someone who really "checked out" a number of years ago (around Shadows time), Didn't buy the last album (still haven't heard it) but i did jump back in with the vinyl releases. Was great to jump back into those awesome albums after so long having played them to death before (pity about the pressings being pretty awful - but the music sounds great)!
So at that point was going to jump in and say hi and how much i was enjoying them...then this!

FWIW i checked out of live TFC shows a while back too as i realised things were lacking that spark and crunch of the pre-Howdy days. Things change and theres nothing you can do about it - good or bad! If it was different for you thats great and would never take that away from anyone.

That said, the idea of continuing without Gerry just blows my mind. It either means stripping 1/3 of the set list (most of them essentials) or someone else sings them!!!! Not for me. Plus, for me, his songs were the only ones continuing to hit the mark post Howdy. Sorry.

I wish them all well in whatever they do but always prefer bands who keep some sense of the value of their legacy and i really couldn't agree more with what Georgia said (hi G ;-)
Sad times but all the best to you

:twisted:
Hey Kids You Better Shape Up
Cos The Hits Are Always Gonna Hurt
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Eddie Walsh on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Doug Brown. Well I never. Great to hear from you. Agree with most of what you said there about continuing without Gerry. I wasn’t as disappointed with their recent stuff but hey ho, horses for courses. Hope all is good.
"with your eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline"
Eddie Walsh
chorizo
chorizo

Postby dougbrown93 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Eddie Walsh wrote:Doug Brown. Well I never. Great to hear from you. Agree with most of what you said there about continuing without Gerry. I wasn’t as disappointed with their recent stuff but hey ho, horses for courses. Hope all is good.

All good mate. Hope you're well.
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Liam1994 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:09 pm

clubFan wrote:Will the band be re-named "The Middle-Aged Hair Stylists"?

That's even better than my suggestion "Grownup Admiration Society (aka GAS)"
Liam1994
chipolata
chipolata

Postby DELBOY on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Doug "Fuckin'" Brown in da house!!!!!!!!! 8)
IF YOU THINK YOU'RE COOL AND YOU AIN'T NO FOOL DO THE CHICKEN CHICKEN DANCE WITH THE CLYDESMEN!

DELBOY
andouillette
andouillette

Postby DELBOY on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:26 pm

sniffin' around the upcoming bass vacancy with his Fender Jag 4 string ready to head East!
IF YOU THINK YOU'RE COOL AND YOU AIN'T NO FOOL DO THE CHICKEN CHICKEN DANCE WITH THE CLYDESMEN!

DELBOY
andouillette
andouillette

Postby clubFan on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Liam1994 wrote:
clubFan wrote:Will the band be re-named "The Middle-Aged Hair Stylists"?

That's even better than my suggestion "Grownup Admiration Society (aka GAS)"

Well of course it is, dear boy. :twisted:
clubFan
currywurst
currywurst

Postby clubFan on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 pm

clubFan wrote:Does the technology exist for Gerard to be projected as a hologram at overseas gigs? A wide-spectrum emitter can even allow him to hide behind the stacks during Raymond and Norman's tunes as is his wont.

Onward.

cF

Nicene Creeder wrote:The technology exists, the problem is the bandwidth and speed on both ends. And that's the problem. You can hope to control the speed on Gerry's side, but each venue is the problem. He would have to hear the band without delay and they would have to see him. Very tough.

What's the latency of satellite uplink these days? Could the band tour with a suitable powerful mobile holography rig which can address these needs?

Is Gerard's garden big enough for a massive dish?

Well, there's always Sting.
clubFan
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Georgia on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:36 pm

dougbrown93 wrote:(hi G ;-)

He lives! Hi Doug. :D Good to hear from you and hope you've been well all this time. With this news, I realized today that I might have a new rival favorite solo artist, so it isn't all bad. Ah.... sniff, excuse me while I get myself a hankie.
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby dougbrown93 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:30 pm

Hey Del and G

Not sniffing for the gig lol...cant mind the last time i picked up my guitar (on the wall!).
All good here. Life takes some funny turns but home and family all good and still putting up with me. Always seem to be busy with something. Look me up on FB if you like (i ditch it every couple of years and then come back so don't take it personally ;)
Heres hoping for a new Lightships album or similar. I can live with that ;)

Where's papa? :twisted:
x
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Georgia on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:39 pm

dougbrown93 wrote: Look me up on FB if you like (i ditch it every couple of years and then come back so don't take it personally ;)

I think I found you. My your profile photo looks different than I remember you. :lol:
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board