Thank You Teenage Fanclub

Thank You Teenage Fanclub

Postby Alex H on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 pm

I'd probably be more polite but I don't think I could've put it better than Brendan when he introduced the b-sides set in Manchester:

"The effort this bunch of... dicks have put into this is phenomenal."

Each night was better than the previous - Howdy! is only my third favourite TFC album but I think I enjoyed it most. It was awesome to hear The Shadows live.

I'm excited to repeat it in Birmingham.
NotTheCakes.bandcamp.com "Usually lighthearted and fun, but occasionally dark...like The Clash tickling Spandau Ballet and accidentally beheading them."
(Also available to stream in all sorts of places)
Alex H
chipolata
chipolata

Re: Thank You Teenage Fanclub

Postby heykatieann2 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 pm

I gotta chime in with a very belated but sincere THANK YOU to the fellas - damn, what an epic undertaking - over 70 songs!? It was truly a fan's dream, such a treat!

I also appreciate all the lovely fans from around the world who made the crowd experience all the more enjoyable. The Fannies have the best fans!

Admittedly the lack of Gerald in new photo on the site, though obviously expected, tugs at the old ticker. I'm excited to see the new incarnation next month, though, it'll surely be brilliant.

If any of you wanna relive the Glasgow or London shows (or missed them), I just finally posted videos of a few stellar tunes and some of Brendan's shenanigans - all magic in my book!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4HtdJ4A5s&list=PLKLZVavw73JzW7DGRJQq0Ikk5i7fNzhLO
If music be the food of love, let's eat it!
heykatieann2
chipolata
chipolata

Re: Thank You Teenage Fanclub

Postby pippie on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:47 pm

Lovely videos, great memories seeing them. I think we were together in the front rows the third night, you had an awesome bandwagonesque bag. Too bad we didn’t take pictures together!!
I think I'm on another world with you
I'm on another planet with you
pippie
andouillette
andouillette

Return to Message Board